How does CARE Clinic Treat Opioid Addiction? We Use One of the Following Medications to Treat Opioid Addiction:
- Suboxone (consists of Buprenorphine + Naloxone) is a tablet/film which dissolves underneath the tongue.
- Zubsolv (consists of Buprenorphine + Naloxone) comes in a tablet for and dissolved underneath the tongue.
- Bunavail (consists of Buprenorphine + Naloxone) Comes in film form and dissolved in the cheek area inside the mouth
- Subutex (consists of Buprenorphine only) is a tablet/film which dissolves underneath the tongue. Generally, it is used in pregnant or breast-feeding parents
- Sublocade (consists of Buprenorphine only) is injected once-a-month subcutaneously in the abdomen.
- Probuphine (consists of Buprenorphine only) is subdermally implanted into the arm once every 6 months.
- Vivitrol (consists of Naltrexone only) is injected once-a-month intramuscularly.
How Do Buprenorphine/Naloxone/Naltrexone Work and Can I Become Addicted to Any of Them?
Buprenorphine is a par3al opioid against (i.e. activated opioid receptors but only partially, not fully like opioids). Naloxone/Naltrexone are opioid antagonists (i.e. block opioid receptors from being addictive). Even though Buprenorphine works on the same receptors in the brain that are normally activated by opioids, it is a partial agonist, so it does not create the euphoric high nor the withdrawal symptoms which are normally associated with opioids. As a result, people on Buprenorphine can live a normal, healthy life.
Will Buprenorphine (Suboxone) Show Up on a Drug Screen at my Job?
On a normal drug screen, Buprenorphine (Suboxone) will NOT be detected. In order to detect Buprenorphine (Suboxone), special tests will have to be done. If you are a patient of CARE Clinic and the drug screen at your job is positive for Buprenorphine (Suboxone), our clinic will provide documentation to your job (with your written permission) that you are in our licensed medica3on-assisted treatment program and under the care of our qualified medical physician.
We Use the Following Non-Medication Therapies to Treat Opioid Addiction:
We are currently setting up counseling sessions (both individual and group format) for psychological support at CARE Clinic. Currently, we provide all patients with a list of such programs which are available throughout Mississippi. If a patient prefers virtual counseling, we also provide a list for such services. We at CARE Clinic believe that counseling is paramount to changing the biopsychosocial aspect of addiction and we strongly encourage all patients to participate in such sessions.
Call Us Now 662-510-5418 For North MS
Call Us Now 662-508-0098 For Central MS